ADHD & Executive Functioning Boot Camp for Kids & Teens
One-On-One or Small Group Sessions
Run by Carey Heller, Psy.D.
Have a child, teen, or young adult who is struggling with time management, organizational, and study skills?
Want them to improve these skills so that they can function more successfully in life as well as in school?
- Two hour private (i.e., one-to-one) boot camp session (45 or 60 minute follow up sessions are available)
- Customizable follow-up or multi-appointment boot camp sessions (private)
- Small group session – bring your own group
- Incoming college student boot camp Session Wednesday July 26 11 AM
- Incoming middle school student boot camp session Thursday August 17 8:30 AM
- Incoming high school student boot camp session Thursday August 17 11 AM
Dr. Heller’s Executive Functioning Boot Camp for Kids & Teens helps children, teens, and college students begin to develop or fine tune executive functioning skills (i.e., planning, organizing, task initiation) that are highly influential in school related items such as time management, organizational, and study skills. The more comprehensive approach and/or follow up appointments are intended to further support the development, implementation, and maintenance of executive functioning skills from the initial boot camp session.
Solid executive functioning skills are vital to successful academic functioning and daily life in general. The boot camp can focus on school and non-school executive function related items based on interest and need.
Executive functioning deficits can affect children & teens in many ways including:
- Make it difficult to plan ahead
- Leads to poor time management skills
- Affects organization abilities
- Negatively impacts school performance
- Can cause symptoms related to anxiety, depression, and other issues
Examples of skills that may be covered during the boot camp based on individual needs:
- Help making a plan for navigating daily school items
- Tools to develop a healthy amount of structure
- Assistance planning out how to complete long-term assignments
- Help prioritizing daily homework assignments
- Assistance using apps and other tools to become better organized
- Tips to reduce distractions
- Strategies for rising college freshmen on preparing a schoolwork completion plan
- Help implementing structure into daily schedule to improve time management/organization
- Assistance with time management skills to help children, teens, or young adults complete chores/tasks in a timely manner such as laundry, cleaning, and other non-school related items
If your child, teen, or young adult needs additional assistance implementing these strategies following the boot camp, additional follow up sessions can be scheduled. For more information or to schedule a boot camp session, please contact The Heller Psychology Group or schedule directly here.